A digital menu board is,in a simple term,an advanced form of signage. A standard signage is a static image of a product or list of products. A digital menu board is an image displayed on an LCD screen. The display is controlled by a computer and can be manipulated in many ways,which is why it is considered as the best advertising solution for business owners.
With such dynamics,a digital menu board is more than a signage. It can display animation,change the image immediately,or cater to customers individually.
Digital Menu Board Marketing
Digital menu boards go beyond just showing off a product shot or a poster of an ongoing promotion. It can do a lot more things such as:
- Display different menu items given the time of day or circumstance
- Inform customers of ongoing promotions
- Broadcast product commercials
- Entertain customers while they wait in line
- Assist customers in choosing the right product
- Involve customers with interactive programs that promote the product
- Televise programming relating to the product such as infomercials
The use and function of a digital board goes beyond that of a standard signage. Establishments can take advantage of these with the proper marketing techniques.
Digital Menu Board Tips
To maximize a digital menu board,establishments must plan out the program the board will be using. Some tips include:
- Images used for digital boards should take advantage of the crisp,clear,and bright pictures an LCD Display can deliver.
- The location of a board dictates its use. If close to the counter,a menu list would be appropriate. If it is placed by the door,a special promo can entice the customer into entering
- Some digital display board are advanced enough to incorporate social media networks such as twitter. It can display the latest tweets from the company or from satisfied customers.
- Don’t overdo the image. Plan out if putting in animation would distract rather than attract a customer into purchasing the product.
- Make use of “on-the-fly” image manipulation,display appropriate promos or products that suits the time of day. A “Happy Hour” promo would work if advertised during that time. Afterwards,the display can switch to a normal product plug or an ongoing event.
- Try and involve the customer with the display. Some digital boards offer touch screen capabilities that customers can use to customize a product order or browse for other available products or options.